Spring cleaning isn’t just for your house! Most cars took a beating this winter from pot-hole filled roads, mud, ice, snow and sleet, so spend this April and get your car looking and feeling like new!
- Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, as proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Inspect the steering and suspension system annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
Contact our award-winning Service Department to schedule an appointment to have all of this taken care of for you! Call (802) 223-5232 or visit twincitysubaru.com/service to schedule!
An interior and exterior cleaning could be just as valuable to keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape. If you’re anything like us, your vehicles floors are covered in salt and the wheel wells are coated in mud. That’s where the 802 Auto Spa comes in. Contact the 802 Auto Spa to get your vehicle looking and feeling like new again. Visit 802AutoSpa.com!